Mai Pen Rai: Jen's Adventures in Thailand

"EVERY TIME YOU HAVE MADE A THOUGHT, LAUGH AT IT." ~LAO TZU

Monday, July 27, 2009

New Plans on the Horizon

So there are lots of exciting events in the works! After Otto got his visa, the next step was for us to buy airplane tickets. I went to a travel agent in Chiang Mai recommended by my friend Nadine. He was sooo helpful and found us cheap tickets and gave us some extra time to come up with the money. So now we will officially be home from September 30-October 23. We hope to make a few mini-trips during the week to Chicago, Bloomington, St. Louis and maybe even Western to visit my brother. Weekends we will be in Springfield helping my family get ready for my sister's wedding on October 17. I'm really excited for her and Josh. I think it's going to be a wonderful day and I can't wait for Otto to experience the extravagance of an American wedding. It's gonna be great!

Also, just found out that my good friends from high school Emily and Matt will be visiting in late November. I'm excited to show them around northern Thailand, take them to Chiang Mai and have them visit my house in Lampang. I haven't seen both of them in over 4 years so it will be so nice to catch up and also to introduce them to Otto.

I'm also hoping that my brother Ryan and his girfriend Whitney will be able to visit in December. He really wants to come over Christmas and New Years but we just need to talk my mom into letting them come here by themselves. I would love to see them especially since I get so homesick around the holidays. It will also be Whitney's first time in Asia so it will be a great opportunity for her.

We are still contemplating a big move for next year. Need to start looking at jobs in Vancouver and if not, think of a back-up plan. There are so many places in the world that I still want to travel to or even live in. However, I'm really starting to miss my family and hopefully if we move to the same continent, I will be able to visit home more often. Happy summer to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home