Mai Pen Rai: Jen's Adventures in Thailand

"EVERY TIME YOU HAVE MADE A THOUGHT, LAUGH AT IT." ~LAO TZU

Monday, March 08, 2010

Summertime

Well summer is officially here...the temperatures are blazing into the upper 90's and possibly 100's already. i've finished all of my teaching and grading so i'm just checking in at school everyday and using my free time to help otto with his fiance visa, plan for the wedding and get ready for our move back to the states.

we sent otto's visa paperwork in mid-january and heard back from them by mid-february. we were given a case number and are currently preparing for the interview in bangkok. no date yet, but we should hear from them soon. i'm thinking it will all be over by the end of april.

wedding plans are going well. right now i'm working on decorations for the reception. my mom found some gorgeous colorful butterflies that we will hang from the ceiling and put in some of the flower arrangements. i found these lovely glass star-shaped jars that are filled with tinsel. they looked pretty magical so i snatched them up while i could. we've also decided that we are going to have a table with little bells on it and let everyone write a wish, prayer or words of wisdom on a bell and then hang it somewhere around the room. i'm looking for colorful round lanterns to hang up which goes with our "bubbles" theme. also, we are going to have wonderbubbles on the tables so people can play with those throughout the night.

i figured out my wedding hairstyle. i'm hoping for something a bit like a greek goddess do. my friend is going to help me make a gold headband/ribbon that wraps around my head twice. my mom asked her hairdresser to show her how to do my hair so she'll be able to do it on the wedding day. the hairdresser said she could just curl my hair around her finger and then pin the curls up...sounds a lot easier than going to a salon and i'm happy that we won't have to use a curling iron or cans of hairspray. it's going to be hot...so i don't want a hairstyle that will fall out in the heat. plus it's exciting that mom will be doing my hair, makes me feel a bit sentimental for the times when she'd do my hair when i was a little girl.

i haven't even started packing yet though i sometimes clean out a drawer or two here and there. we finished the wedding cards and they are in the mail so hopefully you'll be getting them soon!
that's about all for now...keep you posted as the wedding plans move along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home